Imagine a job where you actually look forward to work and lead a life others can only fantasise about. Sailing into incredible sunsets could be the rule not the exception. The commute to work could be as easy as a ten minute boat ride or a stroll down the beach. Work becomes an adventure in itself. While experiencing new cultures and lifestyles, you’ll be surrounded by people who are always happy. When you take people diving all day, everyone’s happy. It’s not all fun and games in paradise, but the rewards are well worth the effort...
PADI IDC In Bali:
Candidates build on their instructor-level dive theory knowledge, role-model watermanship and rescue skills, and leadership abilities by learning how to teach in confined water, in the classroom and in open water. During the IDC, instructor candidates gain a complete understanding of PADI’s educational goals and philosophies. To help you through the programme, PADI has developed an array of learning tools. During the IDC you will use the latest teaching techniques, the complete system of PADI support materials, and will be continuously assessed on your teaching and presentation skills. You will be required to give additional teaching presentations beyond that of the usual IDC programme. This gives you an added advantage not only during the final Instructor Examination (IE), but also prepares you for a future career as a diving professional.
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Duties:
In addition to the duties of a PADI Divemaster, teaching status PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors are authorised to teach the following PADI courses:
• PADI Scuba Diver/Open Water Diver
• Adventures in Diving Program (Adventure Diver/Advanced Open Water Diver)
• Rescue Diver
• Skin Diver and Discover Snorkelling
• Discover Scuba Diving
• PADI Seal Team and Bubblemaker
• Scuba Review and Discover Local Diving
• Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty
• Project AWARE Specialty
• AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation Specialty
Instructor Development Course (IDC) Course Prerequisites:
1. PADI Divemaster, or leadership level with another diver training organisation, including:
2. 18 years old
3. 100 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
4. If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course dive rescue assessment.
5. Certified diver for six months.
6. Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months. (Download medical form here)
7. Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
8. In order to gain teaching status, you are also required to become an EFR Instructor.
IDC Performance Requirements:
PADI Instructor Exam (IE):
Upon successful completion you will be awarded an IDC Course Completion form, which is your passport to the IE. Platinum PADI Course Director Richard Reardon is committed to your success at the Instructor Examination (IE). We also want to make sure that you are comfortable with teaching afterwards. The Instructor programme with Go Pro In Paradise exceeds the minimum required by PADI in terms of time and number of presentations you will prepare.
Instructor Examinations are conducted over 2‐3 days with PADI Examiners from PADI Asia Pacific. The I.E. includes evaluation of dive theory, PADI standards and procedures, Knowledge Development, Confined and Open Water presentations and a rescue assessment.
So what are you waiting for ? Come and join us on a PADI IDC in Bali and change your life forever....
Our basic IDC package costs 59,000 Thai Baht. This price incudes a three day prep course, IDC, EFR Instructor and Nitrox Instructor. The price also includes the materials for these courses. PADI fees are not included in this price.